Food Safety in Cannabis Infused Edibles
Date: Thursday June 18, at 11:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Anresco Laboratories is proud to present this webinar on Food Safety in the production of cannabis infused edibles by Nari Nayini, PhD.
Your Food Safety Plan shows your commitment to producing high quality and safe products and thus enable you to build trust as a supplier of ingredients or manufacturer of CBD infused foods. The webinar provides a general understanding of requirements in implementing current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans as part of overall Food Safety Plan.
- Why Food Safety
- Major food hazards
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Pre-requisite Programs (PRP)
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP)
- cGMPs -FDA code regulation CFR 21, Part 117
- 5 – Preliminary steps of HACCP
- 7 – Principles of HACCP
- HACCP process flow – Example: Hemp CBD oil in infused Orange Juice
- Q & A
Dr. Nayini earned his Ph.D. in Food Science and Nutrition at Michigan State University and has over 30 years of food industry experience working with Columbus Foods, Linde, Griffith Foods, Sara Lee/Tyson Foods and PepsiCo.
He is a Lead Instructor and provides Food Safety Training and Consulting services to the Food and Cannabis industries.
- FSPCA – Foreign Suppliers Verification Program (FSVP)
- FSPCA -Preventive Controls for Human Foods (PCHF)
- NSF – HACCP for Processors
- SQF – Consultant